23 March 2005

Terry Schiavo (part 3.) - I anticipate only one more posting about this.

Current mood: anxious

Here is the deal - I want to give kudos to the appelate panel in the 11th Circuit Court. In what appears to be a non-partisan vote - the Appelates have concurred with District Judge Whittemore and have asserted the Terry's feeding tube NOT be re-inserted.

Here is some info, again from the AP:

["(Judges) Wilson and Hull were appointed to the appeals court by President Clinton, while (Judge) Carnes was appointed by former President Bush.

In a 2-1 ruling earlier Wednesday, the three-judge panel of the Atlanta-based 11th Circuit said the parents 'failed to demonstrate a substantial case on the merits of any of their claims' that the feeding tube should be reinserted immediately.

'There is no denying the absolute tragedy that has befallen Mrs. Schiavo,' the ruling by Judges Ed Carnes and Frank M. Hull said. 'We all have our own family, our own loved ones, and our own children. However, we are called upon to make a collective, objective decision concerning a question of law.'

In his dissent to the appeals court ruling, Judge Charles R. Wilson said Schiavo's 'imminent' death would end the case before it could be fully considered. 'In fact, I fail to see any harm in reinserting the feeding tube,' he wrote."]

That's all for now. I will write more later - and as I wrote in my title, I hope the next time will be the last time as my wish is this whole issue will be over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home